ssc quiz 2
SSCMT26- During which session of Indian National Congress, the resolution of ‘Poorna Swaraj’ was passed?
- Lahore Session, 1929
- Bombay Session, 1885
- Lahore Session, 1893
- Calcutta Session, 1933
Solution: The ‘Poorna Swaraj’ declaration, or declaration of the independence of India, was promulgated by the Indian National Congress on 19 December 1929 at Lahore Session, resolving the Congress and Indian nationalists to fight for complete self-rule independent of the British Empire.
Top Ten Session of INC Before Independence
1. 1885, 1892 (Bombay) : W.C.Banerjee. (First President)
2. 1887 (Madras): Badruddin Tyyabji (First Muslim President).
3. 1888 (Allahabad) : George Yule (First English President).
4. 1916 (Lucknow ) : A.C.Majumdar (Re-Union of the Congress).
5. 1917 (Calcutta) : Annie Besant (First women President).
6. 1923 (Delhi/ sp. Session) : – Abul Kalam Azad (youngest President).
7. 1925 (Kanpur) :Sarojini Naidu (First Indian woman resident).
8. 1929 (Lahore) :J.L.Nehru (Poorna Swaraj resolution was passed).
9. 1937 (Faizpur) : J.L.Nehru (first session in a village).
10. 1938 (Haripura): S.C Bose ( National Planning Committee set-up under J.L. Nehru).
SSCMT27-The ozone layer is mainly found in the lower portion of the ______.
The ozone layer is mainly found in the lower portion of the Stratosphere. Stratosphere is the second layer in our atmosphere. Ozone layer protects our earth from harmful ultra violet rays of Sun.
The serial of layers in the atmosphere is as:
1. Troposphere: It extends to a height of18 km at the equator and 8 km at the poles. Since most of the water vapour form clouds in this layer, all weather changes occur in the troposphere(“tropo” means “change”).
2. Stratosphere: It extends from the tropopause to about 50 km. This layer is free from clouds and associated weather phenomena. Hence, it provides ideal flying conditions for large jet planes.
3. Mesosphere: The mesosphere extends to a height of 80 km.
4. Thermosphere: This layer extends to a height of about 640 km. This layer also helps in long distance communication. The thermosphere also protects us from meteors and obsolete satellite because of its high Temperature.
5. Exosphere: The exosphere extends beyond the thermosphere up to 960km.
SSCMT28- Which strait connects the Arctic and the Pacific Oceans?
- Bass Strait
- Davis Strait
- Bering Strait
- Cook Strait
Bering Strait connects the Arctic and the Pacific Oceans. It is located between Russia and the United States.
Important Strait and its Location
1. Palk Strait Between India and Sri Lanka
2. Duncan Passage South Andaman and Little Andaman
3. Ten Degree Channel Little Andaman and Nicobar
4. English Channel Between England and France
5. Florida Strait Between Cuba and USA
6. Bering Strait Between Russia and USA
7. Bass Strait Between Australia and Tasmania
8. Strait of Gibralter Between Spain and Morocco
9. Strait of Malaca Between Malasiya and Sumatra (It also connects Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean)
10. Barents Strait Between Scandinavian countries and Arctic Ocean
- Prime Minister of India
- Presidentof India
- Parliament of India
- Vote by the UPSC members
According to the Article 317, the Chairman or any other member of a Public Service Commission shall only be removed from his office by order of the President on the ground of “misbehaviour” after the Supreme Court, on reference being made to it by the President, has, on inquiry reported that the Chairman or such other member ought to be removed.
The President may suspend the Chairman or other members of the Commission until the report of the Supreme Court is received.
The President may also remove the Chairman or any other member of the commission if he/she:
• is adjudged an insolvent; or
• engages during his term of office in any paid employment outside the duties of his office; or
• is, in the opinion of the President, unfit to continue in office by reason of infirmity of mind or body.
• If the Chairman or any other member cannot hold an office of profit or otherwise he shall be deemed to be guilty of misbehavior.
The decibel (abbreviated dB) is the unit used to measure the intensity of a sound. The decibel scale is a little odd because the human ear is incredibly sensitive. Your ears can hear everything from your fingertip brushing lightly over your skin to a loud jet engine.
- Ministry of Science & Technology
- Ministry of Human Resource and Development
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
- Both A & B
Three Ministries (Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Science & Technology & Ministry of Human Resource and Development) has tied up to accomplish the ‘Technology Mission for Indian Railways’. The funding contribution in the Technology Mission is 30% by Railways Ministry, 25% by HRD Ministry and 25% by Science and Technology Ministry. This Technology Mission will conduct research and development projects in the fields of heavy haul, safety, energy, environment and urban railways.
- United States
Exercise Yudh Abhyas – 2017, a joint military exercise between Indian and US armies was conducted at the Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington, USA.
- Edward Jenner
- Alexander Fleming
- Albert Einstein
- None of these
Edward Jenner introduced the vaccine for smallpox in 1796.
Here is the list of some other important vaccines and name of their developers.
Vaccine – Developed by
Small Pox – Edward Jenner
Chickenpox – Michiaki Takahashi
Cholera – Louis Pasteur
Rabies Vaccine – Louis Pasteur
TB Vaccine – Albert Calmette and Camille Guerin
Polio Vaccine – Jones E. Salk
Measles Vaccine – John F. Enders, Thomas Peebles
Hepatitis B – Dr. Blumberg won
Mumps – Maurice Hilleman
Yellow Fever – Max Theiler
Various Diseases and Associated Part of Human Body- Click here
The Book “The Heartfulness Way” has been written by which of the following Author?
- Kamlesh Patel
- Joshua Pollock
- Zenith Arya
- Both A & B
President Ram Nath Kovind has unveiled a book “The Heartfulness Way”. The book has been written by Kamlesh Patel and Joshua Pollock. The book is based on meditation tips.
Sutkagendor is the westernmost known archaeological site of the ‘Indus Valley Civilisation’. It is located about 480 km west of Karachi on the Makran coast, near the Iranian border, in Pakistan’s Balochistan province.
Some important sites of ‘Indus Valley Civilisation’ –
- Battle of Causal
- Battle of Delhi
- Battle of Kannauj
- Battle of Avanti
The Battle of Kanauj took place in May 1540. Humayun was defeated in the hands of Sher Khan. In the battle Mughal artillery did not play any part. After the battle, Sher Khan became the master of Agra and Delhi. Humayun reached Agra after his defeat but soon left from there.
All about Sher Shah Suri – Click Here For GK Notes
The economy of India had undergone significant policy shifts in the beginning of the 1990s. This new model of economic reforms is commonly known as the LPG or Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization model.
Vulcanization is a chemical process for converting natural rubber or related polymers into more durable materials by heating a mixture of raw rubber and sulphur at 373 to 415 K.
- Hydraulic Washing
- Froth flotation method
- Magnetic separation
Froth flotation method is used to concentrate zinc ore. The most commonly available ore used in the extraction of zinc is called Zinc-Blende (Sphalerite) also known as Zinc Sulphide (ZnS).
- Regulation of acid-base homeostasis
- Controlling blood volume and maintaining blood pressure
- Removal of waste product from the body
- All of the above
There are several functions of the Urinary System:
• Removal of waste product from the body (mainly urea and uric acid)
• Regulation of electrolyte balance (e.g. sodium, potassium, and calcium)
• Regulation of acid-base homeostasis
• Controlling blood volume and maintaining blood pressure
Some Important Facts related to Human Body – Click Here
Crystalloid colloid fluid separated by latex tube is known as latex.
Latex is of two types: Latex cells and Latex vessels.
Some examples of latex are: Banyan, Cafotopis, Oleander (Latex cells); Poppy, Rubber (Latex vessels); Banana (watery latex)
. Tea is not an example of latex, it is an example of Tannin
Solution :The field is one or more related characters that are treated as a unit of information. A field (also referred to as a data item) may be alphanumeric, numeric, or alphanumeric, and may be either fixed or variable in length.
- Medical Science
- Sanskrit Literature
- Indian Philosophy
Dhanvantri Award is given in the field of medical science. Dhanvantari appears in the Puranas as the god of Ayurveda.
- Shri Lanka
Indian Cricket Team has won the Blind Cricket World Cup 2018 at Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE) by defeating Pakistan in the final by two wickets. Indian Cricket Team has maintained their unbeaten record in the tournament.
- To process and bundle macromolecules like proteins and lipids
- It helps in intracellular digestion
- It helps in the formation of spindle fibre
- None of these
Golgi body is an organelle found in most eukaryotic cells. It was identified in 1897 by the Italian scientist Camillo Golgi and named after him in 1898.
It is made up of a group of tubes, vesicles, and vacuoles. In plants, it is more in number and known as dictyosomes. It also involved in the synthesis of cell wall, plasma membrane, and Lysosomes.
- Joseph Schumpeter
- Edward Chamberlin
- John Bates Clark
- Joan Robinson
For most of his career Edward Chamberlin taught economics at Harvard (1937–1967). He made significant contributions to microeconomics, particularly on competition theory and consumer choice, and their connection to prices.
- Manipuri dance
Birju Maharaj is the leading exponent of the Lucknow Kalka-Bindadin gharana of Kathak dance in India. He is a descendant of the legendary Maharaj family of Kathak dancers, which includes his two uncles, Shambhu Maharaj and Lachhu Maharaj, and his father and guru, Acchan Maharaj. Even though dancing is his first love, he also has an excellent command over Hindustani classical music and is an accomplished vocalist as well.
- United States
- United Kingdom
The U.S. Constitution has 4,400 words. It is the oldest and shortest written Constitution of any major government in the world. The American constitution originally consisted only 7 articles, the Australian 128and the Canadian 147.
- Here is a list of countries which are democratic but do not have a documented constitution. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Israel is generally considered democratic, but has no constitution.
- None of these
When you rub fur with ebonite rod, the chemical bond is formed between some parts of the the two surface. Rod has its electron more tightly bound than fur. So, fur donates electrons to the rod while electrons from rod won’t come out. Due to excess of electrons in rod, it becomes negatively charged while the fur with lost electrons, becomes deficient of electrons. Thus, fur becomes positively charged.
The Tuirial is a river of Mizoram, northeastern India. It flows in a northerly direction. It is impounded by the Tuirial Dam. The river is about 117 kilometres long. It originates from Chawilung hills (62KM from Aizawl)