1st November is observed as foundation day of many states given below:
- Uttar Pradesh
- Punjab, Haryana
- Madhya Pradesh
- Kerala and Andhra Pradesh.
Note: Foundation day of Goa is observed on 19th December.
- Shyam Sharan
- Amish Tripathi
- Khushbhoo RankaReattempted
- Rajiv Mehrishi
Amish Tripathi is the author of the book ‘Immortal India’.
His other works include ‘The Immortals of Meluha’, ‘The Secret of the Nagas’, ‘The Oath of the Vayuputras’, ‘Scion of Ikshvaku and Sita: Warrior of Mithila’.
Important Books and Authors – Click Here
Maharashtra got the first prize for the best tableau. Maharashtra’s tableau was titled Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj coronation.
Assam’s tableau depicting traditional “masks and sastras” bagged the second prize.
The third prize went to Chhattisgarh’s display of Ramgarh’s ancient amphitheater and artistes performing the dance based on Kalidasa’s Meghadootam
Jhumar is a folk dance of Haryana.
Folk Dances of Rajasthan:
Ghumar, Charki, Gangour, Jhulan, Leela, Jhuma, Susini, Ghazal, Panihari, Giand etc.
GK Notes on the Different States and their Folk Dances
- Hunter Commission
- Sargent Commission
- Whiteley Commission
- Royal Commission
Sargent Commission was set up in 1944 under the chairmanship of John Sargent to raise the standard of education in India.
The central goal of the Sargent Commission was the educational reconstruction of India. It recommended the introduction of free and compulsory education for all Indian children in the 6-11 years age group.
- Shakti Das
- Sandeep Lamichhane
- Sompal Gauchan
- Binod Kami
Sandeep Lamichhane, a 17-year-old made history when he became the first cricketer from Nepal to be included in an IPL team. He was bought by Delhi Daredevils, for his base price Rs 20 lakh for IPL 2018
- Red Phosphorous
- Sulphuric Acid
- White Phosphorous
- Pamir Mountains
- Tatra Mountains
- Alps Mountains
- Ural Mountains
The Ural Mountain range forms part of the conventional boundary between the continents of Europe and Asia.
The Urals are a mountain range that runs approximately from north to south through western Russia, from the coast of the Arctic Ocean to the Ural River and northwestern Kazakhstan.
- New Delhi
The 48th World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting was held in Davos, Switzerland from 23rd – 26th January 2018.
List of Summits 2018 of other Organisations
1. 10th BRICS Summit 2018 – Johannesburg, South Africa
2. 13th G 20 Meeting 2018 – Argentina, Buenos Aires
3. NATO Summit 2018: Belgium (11th-12th July)
4. 7th OPEC International Seminar 2018: Vienna, Austria (20−21 June 2018)
- To prevent cavities
- To whiten the teeth
- To stop bleeding gums
- None of these
Fluoride is added to toothpaste after discovering it significantly decreased dental cavities. Fluorine is also added to water supplies for their germicidal properties
Zinc (Zn) deficiency in corn or maize occurs at inter-veinal, light striping or a whitish band beginning at the base of the leaf and extending towards the tip.
Zinc is a micronutrient essential for the growth and development of plants, animals, and humans.
- Shah Jahan
- Bahadur Shah I
- None of the above
The Masjid-i-Jahan Numa, commonly known as Jama Masjid, is the principal mosque of Old Delhi.
●It is commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and completed in the year 1656, it is one of the largest and best-known mosques in India.
●It can accommodate around 25,000 people at once.
The most earthquake-prone nation is Japan. 80% of the earthquake takes place along the Pacific ring of fire. Once in every 30 seconds, an earthquake happens somewhere in the world.
Strawberry is an example of aggregate fruit. Some more examples are – raspberry, blackberry, mulberry, and dewberry etc.
An aggregate fruit is a fruit that develops from the merger of several ovaries that were separate in a single flower. In contrast, a simple fruit develops from one ovary.
- Common Business Oriented Language
- Computer-Based Operating Language
- Calculating Business Oriented Language
- Common Business Operating Language
COBOL stands for ‘Common Business Oriented Language’. COBOL is a programming language that was developed in the year 1959. It was one of the first computer programmings languages
- The fuse material should be of the high melting point
- The fuse material should be of high resistance
- The fuse material should be of the low melting point
- Both B and C
The material of an electric fuse should be of low melting point and high resistance.
- An electric fuse is a protective device used in series with an electric appliance to save it from being damaged due to high current.
- Maginot Line
- Radcliffe Line
- Oder Neisse Line
- Durand Line
- Radcliffe Line ‐ This boundary line is between India and Pakistan drew by Sir Cyril Radcliffe in 1947.
- McMahon Line ‐ The boundary line between India and China to which China does not approve. It was demarcated by Sir Henry McMahon
- 24th Parallel ‐ The line which Pakistan claims should be the Demarcation line between India and Pakistan, not accepted by India.
- Hindenberg Line ‐ Boundary line between Germany and Poland to which German retreated in 1917 during the First World War.
- Oder‐Neisse Line ‐ The boundary line between Poland and East Germany.
- Mannerheim Line – It is between Russia and Finland.
- Maginot Line – The boundary line is between France and Germany.
- Siegfried Line – The boundary line is between France and Germany.
- 17th Parallel ‐ The line which defines the boundary between North Vietnam and South Vietnam before the two were united.
- 38th Parallel ‐ The boundary line between North Korea and South Korea.
- 49th Parallel ‐ It is the boundary line between the United States of America and Canada.
- Albert Einstein
- Rainer Weiss
- Kip Thorne
- Henri Poincare
Gravitational waves were first proposed by Henri Poincare in 1905 and subsequently predicted in 1916 by Albert Einstein on the basis of his general theory of relativity.
In 2017, the Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to Rainer Weiss, Kip Thorne and Barry Barish for their role in the detection of gravitational waves.
- MV Sridhar
- Saba Karim
- Ratnakar Shetty
- Dinesh Karthik
Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Saba Karim has been named BCCI’s general manager of cricket operations. Saba Karim succeeded the late MV Sridhar.
- Gini Index
- Good Country Index
- Human Capital Index
- Happiness Index
Gini Index is a measure of inequality in the income distribution in an economy.
Gini Index measures the extent to which the distribution of income among individuals or households within an economy deviates from a perfectly equal distribution.
- Acharya SN Agarwala
- Dr. Manmohan Singh
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Jawaharlal Nehru
The LPG model of development was introduced in 1991 by then finance minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. This model was intended to charter a new strategy with the emphasis on Liberalisation, Privatisation, and Globalisation (LPG).
When the heart is not beating in a regular pattern, this is referred to as Arrhythmia. Heart arrhythmia is a group of conditions in which the heartbeat is irregular, too fast, or too slow. It is also known as cardiac dysrhythmia or irregular heartbeat.
- Prime Minister
- Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
- None of these
The President himself administers an oath to the ‘Speaker Pro Tem’.
The President appoints a member of the Lok Sabha as the ‘Speaker Pro Tem’. When the new Speaker is elected by the house, the office of the ‘Speaker Pro Tem’ ceases to exist.
A body of green color will appear black in the presence of red light.
The color of a body is the color of light which it reflects or transmits. An object is white if it reflects all the components of white light and it is black if it absorbs all the light incident over it.
The provision of the joint sitting of the two houses of Parliament is borrowed from Australian Constitution.
Other features borrowed from Australian Constitution are given below-
The concurrent list, and freedom of trade, commerce, and intercourse.